Forres Mechanics ran out comfortable winners over shot-shy Huntly who had to play the last 36 minutes with ten men following the dismissal of midfielder Cameron Booth.

Forres had to do without Ross Macpherson and Simon Allan who were attending the wedding of Mechanics midfielder Scott Moore while Allan MacPhee suspended. Huntly had the on-loan Euan Storrier ineligible against his parent as goalkeeper Matthew Johnson came in for only his second start. Ross Still was serving a one match suspension while Captain Michael Clark was ruled out with an infection as the returning Alexander Thoirs was handed the armband and Bradley Manson debuted in defence.


With five minutes gone, Bradley Manson was penalised for a foul out wide on Andrew Macrae. Former Huntly player Robert Duncanson curled the resultant free kick in towards goal as Johnson turned away from goal. Duncanson’s deliveries kept causing problems for the visiting defence as Graham Fraser headed wide from a corner on the quarter-hour.

With 32 minutes gone a quick counter attack saw Forres get bodies forward and Andrew Macrae struck from the edge of the box inside the post to break the deadlock.

Six minutes later, Robert Duncanson’s corner kick was not dealt with and the ball ended up at the back post for defender Logan Johnstone to tap in from yards out.

Huntly registered one goal attempt the whole match when Stuart Knight pulled off a fingertip save to keep out a Nicholas Gray effort two minutes from the interval.

Half-Time: Forres Mechanics 2 Huntly 0

Forres kept up the pressure at the start of the second half scoring within 88 seconds. The visitors were slack in midfield and Ryan Farquhar ran on to get by Blair Johnston before finishing with a low drive inside the post.

Five minutes into the half, Goalkeeper Johnson handled a pass-back. Scott Miller would see his shot blocked in a ruck of players following the indirect free kick.

Huntly were down to ten men after 54 minutes when cameronboothCameron Booth had picked up two cautions within a 58 second spell.

Forres Captain Stuart Soane wrapped up the scoring with three minutes remaining firing high inside the post on the half-volley.

Forres Mechanics (4-2-3-1)
Huntly (4-2-3-1)

1 Stuart Knight

6 Martin Groat
5 Graham Fraser
2 Logan Johnstone
23 Calum Howarth

8 Jordan Milne
20 Robert Duncanson

19 Ryan Farquhar
10 Scott Miller
16 Andrew Macrae

25 Stuart Soane (captain)

1 Matthew Johnson

2 Alexander Thoirs (captain)  
4 Bradley Manson
5 Ryan McRitchie
3 Blair Johnston

6 David Booth
7 Glenn Murison

8 Paul Napier
10 Cameron Booth
11 Gary McGowan

9 Nicholas Gray


12 Liam Watt
14 Liam Taylor (Macrae 69:58)
15 Owen Paterson (Milne 73:57)
19 Romario Brudenell
21 Jack Faren
22 Logan Ward
24 Lewis MacGillivray (R Farquhar 81:24)


12 Matthew McDonald (McGowan 62:22)
13 John Farquhar
14 Kai Ross (Gray 56:52)
15 Christopher Hay
16 Cory Ritchie
17 Tom Andrews

Management Team

  • Charles Rowley (Manager, pictured)
  • Craig Ewan (Assistant Manager)
  • Charles Brown (Coach)
  • Craig Dustan (Paramedic)
  • William McLean (Kitman)

Management Team

  • Martin Skinner (Manager, pictured)
  • Richard Cheyne (Assistant Manager)
  • James McGovern (First Aid)
  • William Beaton (Kitman)
Referee: Harry Bruce

Assistant Referee 1: Gary Falconer Assistant Referee 2: Callum McCruden

  1. Andrew Macrae (32:35)
  2. Logan Johnstone (38:46)
  3. Ryan Farquhar (46:28)
  4. Stuart Soane (87:00)
  1. David Booth (48:33 - Recklessly trips or attempts to trip an opponent)
  2. Cameron Booth (53:54 - Recklessly tackles or challenges an opponent)
  3. Cameron Booth (54:52 - Recklessly trips or attempts to trip an opponent)
Sendings off
  1. Cameron Booth (54:52 - second caution)
Match Statistics
Shots on target
Shots off target
Shots blocked

order cheap propecia online generic propecia without prescription

buy atarax online
buy lansoprazole
super viagra